What we’ve been up to

I’m well on the way to finishing another book — I’ve got the interior sheets all prepped, and now I need to make one more design decision & do covers. This does include making paper for the covers, which is going to be fun as long as the weather cooperates. I have a few pounds of blue and grey cotton, and a handful of black silk, which … well, time will tell.

Finished sheets! Almost a book.

Finished sheets! Almost a book.

Our intern, K., is getting lots of practice with rag, and this week she’s going to try making paper for her printmaking class next semester.

Three kinds of paper made by our extremely productive intern.

Three kinds of paper made by our extremely productive intern.

Melinda has been making progress on her epic vacuum table plan. She’s also been making noises about large-scale marbling again, which is always a good time.

We had a printer come in and do some work on the Vandy, which was lots of fun — it’s deeply entertaining to see how people who know their way around a clamshell react to the cylinder press.

And last, but not least, now that we have a functional electric guillotine (yeah!), life in the print shop is even more fun. And easier. I cut a lot of chipboard for our booth at the Boston Handmade market last weekend. So satisfying. (Now I need to put the good blade on so I can cut some paper…)